Re: restrict global access to be readonly

From: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: restrict global access to be readonly
Date: 2015-02-15 09:13:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

happy times wrote
> Sure, we can utilize the runtime parameter
> default_transaction_read_only, however, it does not restrict user from
> changing transaction attribute to non-readonly mode, so is not safe.

ISTM that implementing a means to make this setting only super-user
changeable would be a quick(er) solution to the problem - the decision as to
what to disallow is already decided.

It seems like it would have to be a separate GUC but it would require any
new SQL but would simply leverage the existing settings system to setup
database-user values that only a super-user can change.

David J.