Re: Subscription test 013_partition.pl fails under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2020-09-16 00:16:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> With this, we get through 013_partition.pl under CCA. I plan to
> try to run all of subscription/ and recovery/ before concluding
> there's nothing else to fix, though.

Looks like the rest passes. FTR, it was possible to get through
subscription/ in about 2 hours on my workstation, and recovery/ in about
30 minutes, after hacking things so that initdb used a non-CCA backend.
So that's definitely a promising thing to look at if anyone wants
to try to do this on a regular basis.

Aside from increasing wal_receiver_timeout as previously mentioned,
I found I had to set a higher pg_ctl start timeout using PGCTLTIMEOUT
in order to get through the recovery tests.