Re: PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Pete Deffendol <pete(at)mdsc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed
Date: 2014-08-08 18:10:48
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi again,

On Mon, 2014-08-04 at 12:16 -0600, Pete Deffendol wrote:

> It appears that the EPEL repository has updated the "armadillo"
> package and it is no longer compatible with the "gdal-libs" package in
> the PostgreSQL Yum repository. As a result, it's no longer easily
> possible to install PostGIS:

<snip>

I applied a temp fix for this, by pushing armadillo 4.300.0 to our
repository. Please exclude armadillo in epel repo, by adding

exclude=armadillo*

under [epel] section. I also rebuilt gdal for armadillo. Can you please
confirm that it works on your machine, too? Packages will be in the repo
in the next 15 mins.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ