Re: PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed

From: Pete Deffendol <pete(at)mdsc(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed
Date: 2014-08-08 18:31:19
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:10 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> I applied a temp fix for this, by pushing armadillo 4.300.0 to our
> repository. Please exclude armadillo in epel repo, by adding
>
> exclude=armadillo*
>
> under [epel] section. I also rebuilt gdal for armadillo. Can you please
> confirm that it works on your machine, too? Packages will be in the repo
> in the next 15 mins.

Being adventurous, I did try a straight "yum update" without excluding armadillo from EPEL. The packages updated, and there are no visible problems with running a few PostGIS queries. However, I'm not sure of the difference between armadillo 4.300.0 (in the PostgreSQL yum repo) and 4.320.0 from EPEL to know if anything is broken.

--
Pete Deffendol, Software Engineer
MDSC | www.mdsc.com