Re: meson PGXS compatibility

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: meson PGXS compatibility
Date: 2022-10-12 05:50:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05.10.22 22:07, Andres Freund wrote:
> 0001: autoconf: Unify CFLAGS_SSE42 and CFLAGS_ARMV8_CRC32C

I wonder, there has been some work lately to use SIMD and such in other
places. Would that affect what kinds of extra CPU-specific compiler
flags and combinations we might need?

Seems fine otherwise.
> 0005: meson: Add PGXS compatibility
>
> The actual meson PGXS compatibility. Plenty more replacements to do, but
> suffices to build common extensions on a few platforms.
>
> What level of completeness do we want to require here?

I have tried this with a few extensions. Seems to work alright. I
don't think we need to overthink this. The way it's set up, if someone
needs additional variables set, they can easily be added.