Re: pgsql: Remove references to Majordomo

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove references to Majordomo
Date: 2019-01-19 20:53:33
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 7:19 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>> Does this also implicitly mean we've just agreed to push back the
>> retirement of the @postgresql.org aliases for the lists until v11 is
>> EOL..?

> Specifically for pgsql-bugs, yes :) We can special-case that one when the
> time comes, and retire the other ones properly.

If you're hoping to wait till nobody's copy of Postgres mentions the
@postgresql.org addresses, you're going to be waiting a long time.
I don't see a reason to suppose that pre-9.4 copies are going to
disappear from circulation anytime soon. Heck, they haven't even
disappeared from our website, e.g.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/bug-reporting.html

So I doubt that back-patching this particular commit would move the
goalposts very much in terms of when we think we can desupport the
@postgresql.org addresses.