Re: MD5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MD5
Date: 2000-05-09 17:26:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
> An ansi compiler is required - do we support any non-ansi compilers? If
> so I'll make some changes to the sources.

We've required ANSI-style prototypes all along. There are some other
ANSI features we're willing to work around the lack of, like token
pasting in macros --- so the real question is *what* ANSI features
does the code require?

> I'd like to find a long word list to make some comparison
> tests with, but it doesn't look like I ever got around to installing
> a dictionary or spellchecker on any of my machines!!

Just feed it a bunch of files. MD5 is supposed to work on any length
input ...