sequences

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: sequences
Date: 1998-02-26 02:56:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are there any plans to implement oid-style functionality for
sequences, such as returning the nextval in the result tuple somehow?

Is it at all possible to implement? That is one very nice thing about
using oid instead, is that it comes back in PQoidStatus. I probably
won't stop using oids until this is possible (i've got my own restore
which "preserves" (i.e. renumbers) oid references)

--brett