Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table
Date: 2012-11-06 17:09:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/05/2012 09:41:13 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> The attached patch, errorcode_table_v2.patch, is an attempt to
> do it the right way.

Since I'm stuck I asked about this patch on the docbook-apps
mailing list.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201211/msg00027.html

I got the following reply, and since I don't know the answer
and it seems a useful factoid am re-posting here.

--------------------------<snip>--------------------
On 11/06/2012 10:41:04 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 11:27 AM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to improve a table of PostgreSQL error codes
> > in the PostgreSQL docs.
>
> > Postgresql uses Docbook 4.2 and openjade/dsssl style sheets.
>
> Is there even a remote chance for you to migrate to XSL stylesheets ?
> I'm not sure the DSSL ones are maintained at all at this point, so
> improvements, fixes, and customizations are much easier to get with
> XSL.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

P.S. It's a shame, since I much prefer DSSL to XSL.
(And I don't know either well enough to be able to
whack out a migration of DSSL to XSL.)
(Though I do "like" working with xsltproc.)