_FORTIFY_SOURCE by default?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: _FORTIFY_SOURCE by default?
Date: 2012-09-16 00:31:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 appears to be the default for package building on many
Linux distributions now, as part of harding or security options. But we
often hear about problems related to this only when we hand the source
over to the packagers. So I think we might as well add this to our
standard compilation options, for example in src/include/port/linux.h.
What do you think?