Re: Handler for plpgsql out of date?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Handler for plpgsql out of date?
Date: 2000-10-29 14:57:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Just wanted to check that this was a known problem:
> ERROR: fmgr_info: language 20322 has old-style handler
> this is from current CVS when trying to call a procedure written in plpgsql.

It's certainly not a known problem --- if it were, the plpgsql regress
test would be failing.

I have a nasty feeling that the reason for the failure is that you
restored a DB dump that declares the plpgsql call handler as language
'C' (correct for 7.0) not 'newC' (correct for current sources).

I don't see any easy way around this :-(.

Anyone have an idea how we can avoid importing a bad declaration from
an old dump?

BTW, I'm leaving in a few minutes and won't be home till Wed. evening,
so don't expect any thoughts from this quarter...