Re: segfault in HEAD when too many nested functions call

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: segfault in HEAD when too many nested functions call
Date: 2017-07-29 20:14:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> [ 0002-Move-ExecProcNode-from-dispatch-to-function-pointer-.patch ]

Here's a reviewed version of this patch.

I added dummy ExecProcNodeMtd functions to the various node types that
lacked them because they expect to be called through MultiExecProcNode
instead. In the old coding, trying to call ExecProcNode on one of those
node types would have led to a useful error message; as you had it,
it'd have dumped core, which is not an improvement.

Also, I removed the ExecReScan stanza from ExecProcNodeFirst; that
should surely be redundant, because we should only get to that function
through ExecProcNode(). If somehow it's not redundant, please add a
comment explaining why not.

Some other minor cosmetic changes, mostly comment wordsmithing.

I think this (and the previous one) are committable.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
use-function-pointer-for-ExecProcNode-v3.patch text/x-diff 67.3 KB