Re: remove dead ports?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: remove dead ports?
Date: 2012-05-03 16:11:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On tor, 2012-05-03 at 10:59 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Having received no replies on "general" from bsdi users considering
> upgrading to 9.2, I have removed the port.

I think that was quite premature. There is no requirement that bsdi
users need to read pgsql-general, especially if you give them only a 24
hour notice. The bsdi port still appears to work, and it doesn't cost
us anything to maintain it, so I think we should keep it, or at least
have a longer grace period.