Re: Feature freeze status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature freeze status
Date: 2008-04-08 01:50:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Maybe we should make the next commit-fest June 1 to give people some time
>> off? And some time to improve the tools?

> Agreed.

I don't agree, not even a little bit. The reason this fest has been so
long and painful is that the queue had accumulated so much stuff. If we
slip the fest schedule we just start building up a large queue again.

Better tools would be good, but unless someone commits to producing a
tool that will be ready by June but not by May, that's not a good reason
to slide either.