SSL connections

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSL connections
Date: 2011-10-04 20:12:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

One of my customer told me that another PostgreSQL admin tool requires
to enter sslcert, sslkey, sslrootcert, and sslcrl to try an SSL
connection. Is this true? do we have to require that all fields are
filled? reading the documentation, I think no. There are default values
for each of them, so we don't need to put each field in the connection
packet. But I may be wrong. Anyone with more knowledge than me on this
issue?

Thanks.

--
Guillaume