Re: Pgadmin plugins

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pgadmin plugins
Date: 2011-08-18 20:48:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 08:22 -0700, salah jubeh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I find pgadmin a nice software, but I think it lacks some fundamental
> functionalities mainly repositories support including git and cvs.

I also do think pgAdmin lacks some nice features, but repository
support, I don't even understand what you want :)

> Also, some enhancement on the editor would be nice such as auto completion

Already in it.

> , code ordering,

Which means?

> coloring

Already has it.

> , etc. I have seen that pgadmin have a menu called plugins, what is it for ?

To launch tools. The most obvious ones are psql or pg_dump, but every
tool you could imagine. IIRC, the PostGIS guys did a nice plugin (a
shapefile loader, I guess).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info