Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs
Date: 2011-07-24 12:11:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 12:58 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> The former fix seems more appropriate. Operations in frmMain shouldn't
> cause dialogues to close.

Fine with me. That should be simpler to do.

> Simple fix seems to be to store a pointer to the dialog in pgObject;
> if not null, disallow drop, or if trying to view properties, use the
> pointer to raise the existing dialogue. Clear the pointer when the
> dialog is closed.

I thought of something similar, but this is OK with me.

I expect it to be quite a big patch. Should I work on 1.14 or master?
this is surely a bug, so 1.14 should be OK. But I'm afraid this is too
much changes to code it on a beta release. Any strong opinion on this
matter?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info