Re: Website

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2011-07-19 07:47:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 23:48 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> OK, my dear twins ;)
> I've excepted an similar answer from you Dave, so I changed the design
> based on Guillaume's suggestions.
>
> 2011/7/18 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
> <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't really like it. Sure, it doesn't look monotone, but
> it doesn't
> >> look good at all. It's just too much red.
>

> Yeah, I'm afraid I don't like the red either.
>

> Check it out again. The page is 100% again now. I also have to say, it
> looks better now. I've changed the color to orange. Has somebody
> another idea for the color?
> I really think, that we need some contrast.

Still not convinced. I prefer the orange than the red. But, actually, I
don't really see how this design is any better than the old one. Not
that I really like the old one, but I don't see what the new design
really offers to justify the change. Smaller font? never saw someone
complaining about it.

> > if we reduce borders, it shouldn't be to much (see P5)
> > Dave, could you send me the elephant as a single picture -
> best would be the
> > elephant and a transparent background?
>

> Sorry, I don't have it. That came from a developer who is no
> longer
> with the project.
>
> > And the font of "pgAdmin" on the top. I could do a little
> bit more if i got
> > these things.
>

> No idea.
>
> There's no reason either of those couldn't change though -
> I've wanted
> a new splash screen for a while too.
>

> Great!
> Would be best to invite everyone to submit suggestions?

No problem with that.

> >> You mean the red border or the shadow? Anyway, I don't like
> both. It
> >> doesn't look good in a big monitor. I much prefer when the
> website take
> >> all the space available.
> >
> > the 100% full space websites aren't really common nowadays
> (see github.com,
> > postgresql.org, and much much more), so i think we shouldn't
> keep it.
> > you're right, the border doesn't look very well, it could be
> more elegant.
>

> Having full width display is one of the changes that will
> almost
> certainly be required in the next update to
> www.postgresql.org. Maybe
> not 100%, but certainly variable.
>
> Should we design the website so that we're near to postgresql.org?

No, I don't think so.

> http://pgadmin.inoreport.org

BTW, it's .com, not .org :)

--