Re: Altering column collation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Altering column collation
Date: 2011-07-19 07:32:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 00:48 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> [...]
> Attached is a patch which fixes #328. Currently if you change a
> column's collation, it actually drops the column. This changes it so
> that it issues an ALTER TYPE to adjust the collation instead.

Pushed on master. Thanks for yet another patch :)

I didn't push it on 1.14 yet. The patch doesn't work here, and I guess
it's because I didn't push your previous patch. I'm not sure on the best
move here. Should we simply remove the bug (no change detected when
changing collation on the column properties dialog)? or should we apply
both patches (which will give us bugfix, and better handling of
columns)? Any ideas?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info