_pg_relbuf() Relation paramter

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: _pg_relbuf() Relation paramter
Date: 2015-02-04 14:49:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I ran across this function in nbtpage.c:

/*
* _bt_relbuf() -- release a locked buffer.
*
* Lock and pin (refcount) are both dropped.
*/
void
_bt_relbuf(Relation rel, Buffer buf)
{
UnlockReleaseBuffer(buf);
}

Would anyone object to me removing the first parameter (including,
obviously, in all references in our code tree)?

If there is an objection, could you suggest something for the
comment block to explain why it is there?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com