Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH
Date: 2011-01-20 02:44:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 21:01 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:
> > I think Simon was referring to the proof-of-concept sketch I had included with
> > my review.
>
> I think it's a bit late to be turning proofs-of-concept into code at
> this point, no matter who came up with them.

Noah's patch is trivial, as are the changes to make mine work fully.
Neither can be achieved barring sensible review.

This topic delivers important functionality. I think it's more important
than simply who gets the credit.

I'm not sure yet where to go, but we have viable options yet for this
release.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/