Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH
Date: 2011-01-20 00:57:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 17:46 -0500, Noah Misch wrote:

> I'll go ahead and mark the patch Returned with Feedback.

My understanding of the meaning of that is polite rejection. If you do
that there is no further author comment and we move to July 2011. That
then also rejects your own patch with what you say is an alternative
implementation...

Is that what you wish? That isn't what I wish, either way. I suggest you
mark it Waiting on Author, so we can discuss it further.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/