How to extend the Pgadmin

From: ymcheng <vonclemay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to extend the Pgadmin
Date: 2010-12-19 04:11:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project based on Pgadmin. My job is to extend the Pgadmin
tool, such as adding panels to the GUI(open extra panel for query input). I
am currently working under Linux, but I am quite new to linux and c++ and I
have no idea how to address the problem. Could anyone share some ideas of
how to extend the Pgadmin tool? Really appreciate it!.

Also here are some of my doubts:
1:the website says Pgadmin is using wxWidgets cross platform framework. What
does this mean? Does it mean any modification to the Pgadmin should be done
through wxWidgets?
2:the pgadmin source code provided is an installation version. So does it
mean every time we make any modification to the source code, we need to
re-install the software? It is really a time consuming process.

Hope someone could help me out. Thanks a lot!=)