Re: trace_recovery_messages

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trace_recovery_messages
Date: 2010-08-25 09:36:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > The explanation of trace_recovery_messages in the document
> > is inconsistent with the definition of it in guc.c.
>
> I've applied a patch for this.
>
> I was tempted to propose that we just rip out trace_recovery_messages
> altogether, but I suppose Simon would object.

Thanks for keeping it in, hopefully it will help diagnose any errors.

I laughed when I saw the commit message, so thanks for that.

This is definitely a stop-gap facility. If you were to propose a more
general facility for increasing log level of specific modules, I'm sure
the rest of us would see that implemented across the rest of the code.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com