Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?

From: Iñigo Martinez Lasala <imartinez(at)vectorsf(dot)com>
To: "Net Tree Inc(dot)" <nettreeinc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?
Date: 2010-02-23 11:03:01
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Using pg_dump from your new host (that is, newer version)

1- Dump schema.
pg_dump -h server_source -U username -s -Fp -f schema.sql database

2- Dump data only.
pg_dump -h server_source -U username -a -Fc -f data.dmp database

3- Modify schema.

4- Restore schema in new host.
psql -U username -d database -h server_destination -f
modified_schema.sql

5- Restore data disabling triggers
pg_restore -h server_destination -U username -d database
--disable-triggers -a data.dmp