Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, jd <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-03 12:29:06
Lists: pgsql-www

On tis, 2009-12-29 at 11:59 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Presumably the packages that rely on the existing URLs are actually
> >> being used by large numbers of end-users, who will all be sad if they
> >> break.
> >
> > I might be wrong but I don't think we have that many users that are regulary rebuilding rpms from source with the original tar.gz being on pgfoundry...
>
> Well, the big users would be Devrim (RPMs) and I guess whomever does
> debian packages of the things.

Actually, most if not all of the (official) Debian packages built for
PgFoundry stuff use the pgfoundry.org URLs like

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000258 /frs/download.php/[0-9]+/pgbouncer-([0-9.]+).tgz

that were the original complaint in this thread. If *that* breaks,
about five people including me will be briefly unhappy, but it's not the
end of the world.