Re: Something like Oracle Forms, but Open Source to use with PostgreSQL?

From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(at)opengroupware(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Something like Oracle Forms, but Open Source to use with PostgreSQL?
Date: 2009-12-21 11:43:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 10:59 +0000, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
> What I need is some CRUD app that allows me to be quick in developp
> forms to insert, update and delete information in the database. I will
> be using this in a website database,

What do you mean by "website database"? A database is a database. Do
you mean you need a WebUI? Or do you need a GUI?

> but for now I don't have time to develop the forms and the admin side
> on the website, so I need to use an temporary solution for this...
> With .NET should be quick to develop some CRUD interface?

With MVC you could make something very quickly [WebUI] ; assuming you
know C# & ASP.NET. Or with Monodevelop you could easily make a GTK#
interface [GUI].
<http://monodevelop.com/Documentation/Stetic_GUI_Designer>

> What alternatives I have to .NET?

Mono.

> there are Open Source GUI frameworks that do the same that .NET?

Mono. Monodevelop is fabulous. PostgreSQL support in Mono is
top-notch.

Some members of the local PUG use Dabo, <http://dabodev.com/>

--
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam(at)whitemice(dot)org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>