safelly erasing dirs/files

From: Joao Ferreira gmail <joao(dot)miguel(dot)c(dot)ferreira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: safelly erasing dirs/files
Date: 2009-11-13 17:15:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

How can I safelly erase (with rm command in Linux) files or dirs
concerning a specific database ?

assuming I whish to elimiante data belonging to database A but I do not
whish to disturb or cause any injury to database B

Is there documentation on how to do this or on what exactly am I erasing
if I remove some specific file or dir.

Thanks

Joao