Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-11 15:30:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 11:41 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Overall: your posts on this list for the last few days (frankly, the
> last few weeks) have taken on the appearance of a vendetta.

Almost every single person that voted also voted that they did *not*
consider me to be acting vindictively. An objection along those lines
was foreseen long in advance and is categorically disproved. Arguing
such a thing after clear evidence is misguided, at best. Please re-read
the thread to ensure you summarise things correctly.

I have objected to a number of situations in recent years and those were
not limited in any way to EDB. Previous objections that I have taken
part in have resulted in changes to the EDB web site, CMD web site,
removal of blog posts and removal of links by training companies. If you
look at the archives you'll see I didn't even start the majority of
those threads. My points on these issues has however been impartial and
consistent, with clearly explained reasons for any objection.

I would ask you now why it is that we should act to remove a company's
links on the training pages, yet do nothing to remove EDB's links on the
installer pages? Why is complaining about a training company acceptable,
yet saying anything involving EDB a vendetta?

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com