Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date: 2009-06-30 22:08:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> JD,
>
> > I have been thinking about this thread quite a bit and I have come to
> > the conclusion that I don't like the idea of an EDB survey being
> > announced and publicized through .Org. It isn't news, it isn't an event,
> > it is not an announcement of a new Postgresql derived product. It is
> > purely a way to drive eyes to EDB and away from PostgreSQL.
>
> How? It'll be run on an independant survey site, and we'll get the results.

I missed that part. That does change things a bit. If this is going to
be hosted independently but "sponsored by EDB for Postgresql.org" then I
remove my objection.

> > Remember that in business *all* public communications are marketing.
> > This survey only benefits PostgreSQL in that it benefits EDB.
>
> *I'd* like to have the data.

We could have a survey up on pugs in 30 minutes.

Joshua D. Drake

503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997