Re: Documenting pglesslog

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documenting pglesslog
Date: 2009-01-11 15:25:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 09:47 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 23:38 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > It is BSD licensed. I don't see any copyright issues:
> > >
> > A licence and copyright are different things. Why do we insist on
> > changing copyright on our code if it is unimportant?
>
> Because the BSD copyright has no enforcement

AFAIK there is no such thing as a BSD copyright. There is Copyright and
there is a BSD licence, issued by the copyright holder.

In general, IMHO, I don't think it's a good direction to go in to
include links to works of other copyright holders.

Specifically, I have nothing but good to say about pglesslog and its
authors.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com