Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date: 2009-01-08 18:56:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 13:44 -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Well, actually, I *still* don't see the value in being able to emit ReST
> > --- nobody except D'Arcy has stated an interest in the feature.
>
> I suggested interest in it and pointed out the popularity of ReST for
> anyone using Trac or Python, and Cedric Villemain threw in his +1 too.
> So just on the relatively small -hackers list we're up to three people who
> think it's a nice addition.

There is interest in ReST for anyone doing a lot more than Python or
Trac. Although that area is certainly strong with it. It is quickly
becoming one of the more dominant technologies in delivering web
services (now whether or not that is useful here is another argument).

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL
503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/