Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished

From: "Stephen Ince" <since(at)opendemand(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished
Date: 2007-08-27 20:30:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave,
Thx I will take a look. I was trying to port a postgres schema to a
database that had embedded capability. I could not find any non-commerical
databases that supported triggers, sequences, udf function, and stored
procedure. I as I remembered firebird has pretty weak UDF function
capability(only C/C++) and the name size limitation was a killer.

Steve