PG_DUMP not working

From: Dan99 <power919(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG_DUMP not working
Date: 2007-09-18 18:26:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I found out this morning that I cannot get pg_dump to work at all on
my database. It refuses to create a dump and instead just freezes.
When using the verbose option (-v) i get the following output and then
it stops (it at one point ran for days on end before i even noticed)

pg_dump: saving encoding
pg_dump: saving database definition
pg_dump: reading schemas
pg_dump: reading user-defined types
pg_dump: reading user-defined functions
pg_dump: reading user-defined aggregate functions
pg_dump: reading user-defined operators
pg_dump: reading user-defined operator classes
pg_dump: reading user-defined tables

I think this problem is somehow related to a VIEW problem that I
have. I created a VIEW of semi-large tables, which did not come back
with any errors. However, when I go to view it, it never finishes
finishes.

PGSQL version: 7.4.2

Thanks,
Dan