Re: Feature freeze status report

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature freeze status report
Date: 2007-06-01 08:47:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 13:44 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We currently have processed 15 of the 40 patches in the patch queue
> during our two months in feature freeze. Based on that progress, I
> estimate we will enter beta in September.

Based upon that, do we think 8.4 feature freeze will be on Mar 31 2008,
or later? i.e. do we consider we successfully move the release cycle to
Spring, or are we reverting back to Summer?

Personally, I've got outstanding work for 8.3, but many do not and are
beginning to think about the next cycle of work.

Not asking for cast-in-stone, just checking what the rough plan is.

--
Simon Riggs