status of PlPython

From: "michele(dot)simionato(at)gmail(dot)com" <michele(dot)simionato(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: status of PlPython
Date: 2007-05-29 03:57:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wonder if I should use PlPython in my projects or not.
Browsing on the Python list it seems that nobody is using
it. Browsing on Google Groups I find worrysome threads talking
about removing support from it in future versions of PostgreSQL.
So, I would like to know what's the current status of PlPython.
Assuming it is in good health, I would like to know how people
are using it, how do you keep your code in subversion, how do
you debug it, what are the pitfalls, etc. What sources of
information are out there, apart from the postgres manual?
TIA,

Michele Simionato