Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, Iknow)forPQexecf()

From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, Iknow)forPQexecf()
Date: 2007-04-01 19:56:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That's exactly the approach I don't want to take. To implement our
> quoting-escape additions, we'll have to stop relying on sprintf and
> implement for ourselves whatever "standard C" escapes we want to
> support.

Ok - then it seems like it might make sense to implement PQexecf() in
terms of src/port/snprintf.c (and enhance that family of functions to
support the quoting conversion specifiers that we want).

Let's just pick up this discussion in the next release cycle.

Bruce - can you add a TODO for this topic? Thanks.

-- Korry

--
Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com