Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?

From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?
Date: 2007-01-29 19:48:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > And, shared_preload_libraries is processed (in the postmaster) before
> > the shared-memory segment is created, so a shared_preload_library can
> > call RequestAddinShmemSpace() and RequestAddinLWLocks(), but a
> > local_preload_library cannot.
>
> That doesn't seem like an issue though, since the copy in the postmaster
> will have done that anyway.

You're right - we need the copy in the postmaster (to setup shared
memory and LW locks), and we need them in the backends too. I just want
to avoid having to set both shared_preload_libraries and
local_preload_libraries (to the same thing). Adding a call to
process_shared_preload_libraries() in SubPostmasterMain() seems to fix
the problem for me.

Thanks for your input. I'll submit a patch.

-- Korry