Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)
Date: 2005-10-20 16:56:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au> writes:
> I have a set of perl scripts which invoke each other (via system());
> eventually I found that they were crashing and ultimately causing Perl
> to SIGSEGV.

Are you doing anything multi-threaded in those scripts? libpq is not
thread-aware --- it's up to you to ensure that only one thread touches
a given PG connection (only one at a time anyway).

That might have nothing to do with your problem, but no other theories
come to mind with the limited info you've provided...