ReadyForQuery()

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ReadyForQuery()
Date: 2007-01-04 17:20:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In postgres.c main loop, I note that we issue ReadyForQuery() *after*
updating pgstat and setting the ps display.

Wouldn't it be better to issue ReadyForQuery() and then issue the stat
stuff in the gap between processing?

That way we would be less likely to care about pgstat and the ps,
potentially getting rid of the GUCs for them completely?

(I'm looking to place a PG_TRACE macro in there, so we can work out how
long is spent waiting for client.)

--
Simon Riggs