Re: configure script failure with SCO 5.0.7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David P(dot) Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure script failure with SCO 5.0.7
Date: 2004-03-25 15:53:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

"David P. Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> configure:2492: checking whether the C compiler still works
> configure:2514: gcc -b elf -o conftest -O2 conftest.c >&5
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
> gcc: file path prefix `/usr/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/elf/2.95.3/' never used

I'd say you have a screwed-up gcc installation. The apparent file path
problem is certainly not configure's fault, as those paths are all
purely internal to gcc.

The fact that it seems to work up till the point where we add "-b elf"
to the compiler switches is interesting. I do not know how that might
provoke a gcc failure where there was none before, but the obvious thing
to try is to remove the line in src/template/sco that does that.