Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout
Date: 2006-11-30 20:44:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:09 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> What is the rationale for making this change?

I don't know why Magnus put Planet PostgreSQL to front page (I like the
idea BTW...) but I want to write something about this:

As I have told several times, my aim was to create an area for
PostgreSQL people who want to share their lives, knowlegde, etc. with
other people. There are lots of planets outside. Our is yet another
planet. We have important articles there. Also, David posts PWN to
Planet (I read PWN from Planet).

For example, look at Planet Debian: http://planet.debian.org

Look at what people write there. There are lots of example in the form
planet.PROJECTNAME.org

More planets: http://planetkde.org/ http://planetjava.org/
http://planet.go-oo.org/ http://www.planetpython.org/

Now, as you said, I resist to "planet.PostgreSQL.org". Here are the
reasons:

1) This is my project and I want to run it in a different mind.
2) If we use planet.PostgreSQL.org, we may need to apply some rules . I
don't want it (at least for now...)

I am not the only admin: Magnus, Robert and I manage it.

All of the bloggers have something to share with us except PostgreSQL:
For example, I can write a review on FC6. Robert writes on PHP. . We are
all PostgreSQL people -- so no problem with those articles.

To sum up: I'm for putting Planet to frontpage so that we can provide
some more to the people who visit our webpage.

Regards,