GUC description cleanup

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GUC description cleanup
Date: 2006-10-26 17:47:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

This patch makes the short_desc and extra_desc fields of the GUC table
more consistent: both text in both fields should be complete sentences
that begin with a capital letter and end in a period.

Note that this patch breaks the translations of these strings, so I
haven't applied it yet. Should I apply it now, or wait for 8.3 to
branch?

BTW, should pre_auth_delay be included in SHOW ALL? Its short_desc is
currently "No description available", so I think we should either add a
proper description or omit pre_auth_delay from SHOW ALL.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
guc_desc_cleanup-1.patch text/x-patch 10.7 KB