ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?
Date: 2011-02-17 22:50:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I observe the following discrepancy between the 9.0 and 9.1 citext
install scripts:

***************
*** 52,58 ****
STORAGE = extended,
-- make it a non-preferred member of string type category
CATEGORY = 'S',
! PREFERRED = false
);

--
STORAGE = extended,
-- make it a non-preferred member of string type category
CATEGORY = 'S',
! PREFERRED = false,
! COLLATABLE = true
);

--

What are we going to do to allow the citext update script to fix this?
I see no sign that ALTER TYPE can fix it (and am unsure that we'd want