Re: Run pgindent now?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Run pgindent now?
Date: 2015-05-25 17:10:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Here is a re-run of pgindent on 9.4:
> http://momjian.us/expire/pgindent-9.4.diff

Some of those diffs would disappear if you'd used an up-to-date typedefs
list ... not a lot, but some.

That is rather a lot of diffs, but the thing I think people ought to take
away from that is "this is the number of back-patch hazards we just
introduced between HEAD and 9.4" --- because as of yesterday, HEAD looks
like this not like what's in 9.4. What's more, those hazards are in code
hunks that were back-patched bug fixes, which means that they are in areas
that are more likely than average to need additional fixing.