Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP

From: john(dot)rylander(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP
Date: 2006-01-03 20:12:38
Lists: pgadmin-support

BTW, copying the relevant CSV file to the "My Documents" folder of the
"postgres" user did not make things work with pgAdmin III Query
(1.4.1)--same permissions problem as noted in the original message:

ERROR: could not open file "C:\Documents and Settings\postgres\My
Documents\Cumulative.csv" for reading: Permission denied

This is working as designed, I guess, but it's not well documented for
us poor Windows-using PostgresQL newbies (and the psql workaround is
effective, but, from GUI perspective, rather clumsy). For those
Windows users importing data from other local sources, I fear this will
be an (at least temporary) unexpected showstopper every time. (But
perhaps such users make only an insignificant percentage of the
intended audience.)