Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP

From: john(dot)rylander(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP
Date: 2006-01-03 00:13:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

Jim,

Your reference to \COPY proved extremely useful for me--thanks!

At first, I didn't much pay attention to it, because the portion of the
docs you excerpted focussed on STDIN; but when I read the whole doc set
for the command, it was clear that I could indeed plug in any old file
spec as with the regular COPY command. When I did that, everything
worked fine. :)

(Well, when I did that and remembered to use the HEADER parameter, and
managed to properly clean up the CSV file, which strangely had a
trailing comma in every record, which comma bothered Access not at all,
but very understandably bothered PostgreSQL, or perhaps psql.)

Thanks again, Jim.