Re: Setting up a local version of the postgresql website

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Adrian Maier <adrian(dot)maier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting up a local version of the postgresql website
Date: 2005-10-27 13:29:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 02:21, Adrian Maier wrote:
> (this is a re-posting)
>
> Hello guys,
>
> After checking out the pgweb/portal directory from gborg,
> and i'm trying to set up a local postgresql site so that
> i could finish translating it to Romanian.
>
> I had done this in March, when i had translated most of
> the static pages. In the meantime i moved to another
> workstation, and i have to configure everything again.
>
> Where could i find a copy of the database dump ?

Dave, weren't you the one who made dumps available some place? I can't
seem to find the url. Actually I am wondering if it would just be easier
to make Adrian an account on svr2 so he could work directly from there.

> By the way:
> Right now www.postgresql.ro is hosted on svr2.postgresql.org and
> momentarily i've put there only an index.html which redirects to
> www.postgresql.org.
>
> But, it appears like the dns record for www.postgresql.ro
> points to 200.46.204.209 instead of 65.19.161.25 (svr2).
> As a result, if someone opens http://www.postgresql.ro in a
> browser the page that appears is the old version of the advocacy
> site.
> The domain is hosted on the hub.org's dns server(s). Could we
> fix the IP address of www.postgresql.ro, please ? :-)

wow, i didnt even know you could get to that old site anymore. Marc, I
guess this is your domain to change?

Robert Treat