Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting

From: Gregory Youngblood <pgcluster(at)netio(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Date: 2005-10-26 16:14:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Talking with various people that ran postgres at different times, one
thing they always come back with in why mysql is so much better:
postgresql corrupts too easily and you lose your data.

Personally, I've not seen corruption in postgres since 5.x or 6.x
versions from several years ago. And, I've seen corruption on mysql
(though I could not isolate between a reiserfs or mysql problem - both
with supposedly stable releases installed as part of a distro).

Is corruption a problem? I don't think so - but I want to make sure I
haven't had my head in the sand for a while. :) I realize this instance
appears to be on Windows, which is relatively new as a native Windows
program. I'm really after the answer on more mature platforms (including
Linux).

Thanks,
Greg