Disabling Triggers

From: "Mark Borins" <mark(dot)borins(at)rigadev(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Disabling Triggers
Date: 2005-05-11 14:47:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I am creating a system where I have a trigger on three different tables.
There is a particular Boolean field in each of these tables that when it is
set in table it should be set the same in the other two.

So I figured I could put a trigger on each table that when the Boolean field
was updated it would go and update the other 2.

However, I am concerned about cascading trigger calls.

Does anyone know if it is possible to run an update statement on a table and
for only that statement disable the trigger on the table?